Everybody knows drinking the recommended amount of water is healthy and good for you. But if you’re like me, after the second glass you’re over the bland taste and reaching for the nearest sugary beverage!
I finally found a way to get my recommended water intake without wincing—flavor infusion! Adding fruit and herbs to your water bottle helps the water go down easier, and I actually enjoy the taste! They even sell adorable water bottles that have infusers built in.
The flavor combinations are endless. Here are a few suggestions to start you off:
- • Orange Chai Spice: sliced oranges, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, allspice
- • Vanilla Basil Strawberry: vanilla bean (remove seeds first), handful fresh basil, 1 cup sliced strawberries
- • Fennel Pear: thinly sliced fennel bulb plus a few green fronds, thin slices ripe, but firm pear
- • Basil Melon: sliced or cubed melon, handful basil leaves
- • Ginger Lime: sliced fresh ginger, sliced limes
- • Blueberry Cucumber Basil: handful of fresh blueberries, sliced cucumber, handful basil
- • Lemon Lavender: slices of lemon, a few teaspoons lavender (tie in cheesecloth)
- • Raspberry Rose: handful of raspberries, organic fresh rose petals
- • Mango Pineapple Mint: slices of firm-ripe mango, slices of pineapple, handful of fresh mint
- • Apple Cinnamon: sliced green or red apple, a few cinnamon sticks
All you have to do is let the ingredients you choose sit for a few hours, and voila! Delicious water. It is easiest for me to make mine the night before so it is ready to take to work in the morning.
To read more about the benefits and to get some tasty recipes, click here.