In this 5 part series we are going to highlight some of the most powerful foods that are really powerful medicines. Yes, I said medicines. Since time immemorial we have been using these 5 medicinal plants to both nourish and prevent/treat diseases.
The amazing part is you won’t need to travel to health food stores to get them; some are even in our own backyards.
Our first super plant is GARLIC. Garlic has hundreds of therapeutic properties, which you can view on GreenMedInfo.com. Recent research has concluded that garlic is capable of inhibiting a wide range of multiple drug resistant tuberculosis stains as well as having anti-infective properties for the following pathogens.
- Amoeba Entamoeba histolytica (parasite)
- Dermatophytoses (a type of topical fungal infection)
- Haemophilus Influenzae
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus A. (MRSA)
- Parainfluenza Virus
- Peridontal Infection
- Pneumococcal Infections
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Streptococcus Mutans
- Streptococcus Infections: Group A
- Streptococcus Infections: Group B
- Streptococcus pyrogenes
- Thrush (oral fungal infection)
With this list keeping a supply of garlic in the house is a must!